My Poetry, Philosophy, Thoughts and Ideas.

7/05/2005

Who is Yoga Vasistha?

Excerpt from the book vashishta's Yoga by Venkatesananda

When Lord Rama asks sage Vashista "who are you?" , the sage was in complete silence but on insistence of rama explained thus..

"Iam the pure space like consciousness devoid of objective experience and beyond all mental activity and thought. Iam the pure and infinite consciousness. Even so are you. The whole world is that , too. Everything is the pure and indivisible consciouness. Since there is nothing apart from that, i do not know how to describe that. It is when one endeavours to give expression to one's self that the eosense and all the rest of it arise, even if one's attempt is to attain total freedom.

It is absurd for the egosense to seek this emancipation, for it can never comprehend the truth. The infinite consciousness surely stands in no need of realising the infinite consciousness. Eitherway it is like a born blind endeavouring to see a painting. That is nirvana, in which one stands firm like a rock whether or not there is agitation or movement in consciousness. He sees no "other" and in him there is no 'I', 'you' or the 'other'. It is alone (all as one).

Intellectual , logical answers and all verbal statements , whether verbose or brief , whether their purport is subtle or transcedental are limited by logic , by duality an division. how can i subject myself to the imperfection of expressing the inexpressible? hence i did not attempt to reduce the infinite to words which spring from mental activity."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoga Emotional Benefits Using the clothes discount yoga techniques we have uncovered to treat emotions.

1:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I have come in search of information. I was told that blogs have some of the best and most relevent information for any given subject. Mine happens to be a horse gift website that has anything from jewelry to horse tack. So I am looking for new products and information based on yoga poses and pictures to offer my customers and possibly some good marketing ideas for my website. I also have a blog but with the websites that I have and all the work involved in keeping several of them going and updating blogs I am at best posting once a month.

I have enjoyed your blog and am thankfull to be able to sort of pick your brain without actually bothering you.

I want to grow and build my website to be the best and know I have much to learn and fix to even come close.

I have been online for 8 months now so yes we are very young.

We have taken what we love and have turned it into a business.
I hope you come by to visit. I am not trying to sale you anything but would love to here if you have any ideas.

Thank you for your time.
yoga poses and pictures

12:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home