My Poetry, Philosophy, Thoughts and Ideas.

9/21/2003

this is a rare poem by RUTH St Denis extract from Wisdom Comes Dancing , this i searched much in the net but couldnt find. Lucklily i wrote a mail to Susanna somewhere in brazil and she handtyped it for me ( thanks, great on her part to do so)

The Ballet of the Beloved

This is the Ballet Dance
Of the Beloved,
The singing of his light,
The loving of his love.

These are the words of his wisdom
And the rhythms of his life.

This Ballet is the going forth by day
And the returning home by night.

These are gifts of his giving
And the pouring of his wine.

By these are we scourged
And chastened for his sight,
From his right hand they emerge
And to his left hand they return.

They move in his measures
Yet visible to the world.

They are the thought forms of his pleasure
And the arrows of his will.


Prayer for Artists

O, Divine Father and Mother,
Makers of heaven and earth,
Supreme artists of creation,
I, thy humble instrument
Kneel here at Thy feet.
I listen for Thy inward word
And I wait to behold Thy inward vision.

Cleanse Thou me
From all sin and self-righteousness
From all illusions of prided vanity and fear.
Make me sensitive to Thy sounds,
To Thy vision, and to Thy rhythms.

Let me express beauty,
The wonders of Thy universe
And the immortality of my own soul
Which Thou hast given me.

Allow me to enter that temple
Not made with hands
Wherein I may express the beauty of love
And the majesty of truth.

In humble and surrendered gratitude
For life, for love and for wisdom
I offer again and yet again
To Thee, my heart, my body and my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home