My Poetry, Philosophy, Thoughts and Ideas.

10/11/2003

Prayer for the Artists - Ruth St Denis

This is one of the rare poem treasures not available in the Internet anywhere ( Thanks Susanah)

O, Divine Father and Mother,
Makers of heaven and earth,
Supreme artists of creation,
I, thy humble instrument
Kneel here at Thy feet.
I listen for Thy inward word
And I wait to behold Thy inward vision.

Cleanse Thou me
From all sin and self-righteousness
From all illusions of prided vanity and fear.
Make me sensitive to Thy sounds,
To Thy vision, and to Thy rhythms.

Let me express beauty,
The wonders of Thy universe
And the immortality of my own soul
Which Thou hast given me.

Allow me to enter that temple
Not made with hands
Wherein I may express the beauty of love
And the majesty of truth.

In humble and surrendered gratitude
For life, for love and for wisdom
I offer again and yet again
To Thee, my heart, my body and my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home