My Poetry, Philosophy, Thoughts and Ideas.

3/20/2005

Krishna's Love for Radha

Radha's name is inseperable from Krishna's name in the Hindu Myths. There have been many Vishanvite poets who have extolled the love of Radha for Krishnaand her love is praised as the purest form of divine love. There are very few verses where Krishna's love for Radha is mentioned.

Jayadeva in Gitagovinda 12 century Poet

The pleasures of her touch and tremulous
tender wandering of her eyes
the fragrance of the lotus which is her mouth
the cunning flow of nectar in her words
if thus, even in attachment to sense objects
my mind is fixed in the highest meditation upon her
alas, how then the sickness of live- in- seperation can increase?

Vidyapathi 14t century poet

For heaven's sake, listen, listen, O my darling
Do not dart your cruel, angry glances at me,
For I swear by the lovely pitchers of your breasts,
And by your golden, glittering, snake-like necklace:
If ever on earth I dare touch anyone except you,
Let your necklace turn into a real snake, and bite me;
And if ever my promise and words prove false,
Chastise me, O darling, in the way you want to.

Surdas in Surasagara 15th centry poet
"As you are , so am I
there is certainly no difference between us
as whiteness inheres in milk
as burnng in fire
as smell in earth
so do i inhere in you always"

Chaitanya 16TH Century
Abhimanyu in Bidagdha Chintamani (on Love)
“It is not fire
But it burns the body
It is not a weapon
But it pierces the heart
It is not an intoxicant
But it intoxicates
It is not a fishing rod
But attracts the fish of the mind"

1 Comments:

Blogger anish said...

nice... do u have any more of these references(a pdf file etc wud be great)?

11:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home